5 tbsp unsalted butter
10 oz marshmallows (or 4 cups of mini marshmallows)
5 cups crispy rice cereal
- Grease one 8x8x2 pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- When butter has melted completely, reduce heat to low and add marshmallows. Stir constantly (this is what makes the perfect, gooey-crisp consistency) until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove from heat and add rice cereal, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, pressing the mixture into the corners to ensure it is evenly spread.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes, then slice into squares and serve. To store, keep in an airtight container. Treats will last up to 3-4 days.